Maid of Flours has been supporting Dolls for Daughters for a few years now. They are a wonderful example of how there are all different ways to support an organization. We are fortunate to have them supporting us!!
1. Why did you decide to offer support to Dolls for Daughters?
We’re always happy to help when we can. But when we heard of Dolls for Daughters and why it was started, we were awed by Jessica’s determination and her desire for this organization to have a meaningful impact on the lives of so many children and families. Her team of volunteers is always ready to go and donate their own time, so we thought yummy cupcakes would be a great way to pay them back and say thanks!
2. How long has your business supported Dolls for Daughters?
Maid of Flours has been supporting Dolls for Daughters since 2010.
3. What is your most memorable experience supporting Dolls for Daughters?
Our most memorable experience is the first time we donated cupcakes to the Toy Shop. We were taken aback, impressed, and excited about the number of toys they were giving away. We were excited for all the families in line.
4. Have you participated in any fundraising events that Dolls for Daughters has held?
We have not.
5. Have you or your staff volunteered at the Dolls for Daughters and Toys for Boys Toy Shop? If so what was your experience?
Not beyond donating cupcakes.
6. With so many organizations in need of support, what suggestions or advice do you have for other organizations? How might they choose an organization as well as the way(s) in which they will help?
If an organization wishes to offer their support to a non-profit, then they should find a cause that they are really passionate about. Having a connection to the cause and the people of the non-profit makes the help very heartfelt and sincere.