Join the Youth Advisory Board
Dolls for Daughters & Kenzi’s Kidz Youth Advisory Board (YAB) is an active team of young individuals in Middle School and High School dedicated to creating change and improving the lives of children in Colorado through service. Members hone their leadership skills while furthering the mission of Dolls for Daughters and Kenzi’s Kidz by working to conduct in-kind donation drives, raise funds and increase awareness of the organization and programs.
The YAB shall be comprised of nine to twelve youth in grades 6th – 12th. The YAB is the youth leadership division of DfD’s governance structure and will be actively involved in developing strategic initiatives. Members of the YAB must commit to serve for one year. The officers of the YAB will be chair, vice-chair, treasurer, and secretary. The Chair of the YAB and two other selected members will serve as the representatives to the DfD Board of Directors.
As a Youth Advisory Board Member you are required to:
- Attend meetings, one Sunday every-other month annually from August to May. Attendance is mandatory; limit of 2 absences.
- Complete 40 hours of community service per year. 20 of those hours must be with DfD while the remaining hours can be with any organization you support.
- Support the DfD programs through securing donations and sponsorships.
- Organize a donation drive (stocking stuffers, toys, stuffed animals, backpacks, lunch boxes, water bottles – all NEW) at your own school or within the community.
- Attend the annual Dolls for Daughters & Toys for Boys Toy Shop the first Saturday in December each year.
Why should YOU be on the Dolls for Daughters & Kenzi’s Kidz Youth Advisory Board?
- Have an active voice in creating positive change in YOUR community.
- Become a viable leader and mentor amongst your peers and the community.
- Receive community service and field training experience.
- Exposure to the management and operations of a community non-profit organization.
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities through mentoring and interaction.
Who is Dolls for Daughters looking for?
- Youth between the ages of 11-19
- Residents of Colorado
- Individuals with a deep desire to create a positive impact within their community.
What will YOU achieve once a member of the YAB?
- Increased self-awareness of ability to affect change
- Positive networking amongst peers
- Developed leadership and presentation skills
- Community project development
- Applications for the 2017-2018 YAB will be due October 1, 2017.
- Only typed applications will be accepted.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete online application below.
- Interviews will be held during the month of October.